Tuesday, September 3, 2013

A quick blurb about Austria

We drove through the corner of Austria (as Kevin mentioned in a previous post) and I just want to comment on how beautiful it was. I knew the Alps were in Austria, but I didn't expect the country to be as spectacular as it was. Kevin has already commented on winding roads and motorcycles, but I have a different perspective since I was looking out the passenger's side window the entire time. The sliver of Austria that we drove through reminded me of the Smokey Mountains in North Carolina in many ways. I think it was the thick greenery and shaded forests, the way the haze hung low over the mountains. I would love to go back and spend some time there and explore some of the small mountain towns that we drove through.

Mountain stream in Austria

Gorgeous mountain skyline in Austria

Austria looks like a post card.
 
We also drove through Lichtenstein, which is one of the smallest countries in the world. It's one of those places that's just cool to say, "hey, I've been there!"
Selfie in Lichtenstein

No comments:

Post a Comment